If you are a local or have been staying in Panama City Beach for a little while you should already know about the upcoming Mardi Gras festivities that are happening this weekend and next.
You really can’t beat Mardi Gras St. Andrews and Mardi Gras at the Beach for free family fun. There are parades and booths set up both weekends and though you will still need to bring some cash if you want to enjoy some of the food and drink offerings at the events or shop the vendor booths, the events are free admission. Plus, there are usually people walking around handing out coupons for deals at nearby establishments so you can eat and drink for less if you get your hands on some of those.
The best part has got to be the parades. The floats are all so well decorated and provide music and of course, the bead tossers. The entire point of the parade, other than to just marvel at the costumes and the make up and to have fun in general, is to gather a neckful of beads.
Here is the full schedule for Mardi Gras St. Andrews and Mardi Gras at the Beach:
Thursday Feb. 24 6pm – Royal Kids Ball
- Liquid Libations for pirates of all ages. Tours of a Panama City Beach Mardi Gras float.
- Classic Cars on display. Plenty of pirate beads and Krewe doubloons to giveaway.
- Meet Krewe Kings & Queens in costume. Fun with our media sponsor Magic Broadcasting.
- Merchants will have beads, trinkets, hats, t-shirts, and more for sale at this Florida Mardi Gras event! Fireworks at 9pm!
- At 10 AM the Kids Parade will make its way through Pier Park.
- Panama City Beach Mardi Gras Parade at 2pm
- After the parade the festival resumes with Live Bands.
- Great Cajun food, gumbo, & low country boils.
- Liquid Libations for pirates of all ages.
- Plenty of pirate beads and Krewe doubloons to giveaway at this Florida Mardi Gras festival!
- Fireworks at 9pm